Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Out of hibernation I am!

"Hyacinthus orientalis 'Delft Blue' "
After a long white winter, I am emerging from my sluggishness, as well as my Spring blooms.

"Narcissus 'King Alfred' Daffodil"

I haven't really been sleeping every minute of the past few months, but didn't have the interest to post on snow or more snow. Who wants to see a picture of all white?



I have been busy with indoor projects, some painting, some upholstery, some ridding of household items. The real fun starts now though!

"Hyacinthus orientalis 'Splendid Cornelia' "


I did start a lot of seeds this winter and have many sprouting at last. Some heirloom tomatos, Jasione, Coneflower, Sweet Peas, Ageratum, Lavender, and many others. I don't really have any space to plant them anywhere, most of my beds were pretty full by last fall. Luckily we have nearly 4 acres, so plenty of room to expand!

"Hens n Chicks" A perfect circle

I have been outside in our wonderful 60-70 degree weather cutting back perennials, pulling dead annuals, dividing, and moving plants already. So much to do and already lots of weeds that need pulled.


Do Dandelions ever stop growing???

No comments: