Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Yippee!!! REAL spring growth!

Well, well, well...I can hardly believe it, but stuff is really and truly happening outside. The snow is finally melting (we are expecting another 2+ inches of the white stuff tonight, but 50's by the weekend!) and allowing me to take a peek at what is going on in my little world. The above picture shows a clump of Daffodils on their way to making a nice show and just below is a clump of crocus that surprisingly has not been munched down by the dang squirrels yet.


Next is a large clump of Grape Muscari that is on a path that I created last fall. I thought I had gotten all of this dug up and transplanted, but I guess not. That is okay, it is sort of off to the side of the path and probably won't get trampled too bad.

And last, but certainly not least, is one of my two clumps of Hellebores!! I know it looks like an itty-bitty head of lettuce, but it isn't. I am super excited about these coming up. I got them last spring in a plant exchange through Plant Traders and wondered if they would survive here. Looks good so far!


There are other things coming up too, literally. I have some crocus that have heaved up out of the ground, roots showing and all! Unfortunately, the ground is still frozen, so they still lay there. Hopefully this weekend I will be able to put a bit of dirt on them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oooh... I'm a little jealous, but very happy for you! What fun to see green. :)