Thursday, March 01, 2007

Hints of Spring....


Well, it is March 1, 2007 and I have a geranium blooming and an impatien with flower buds on it.
You can see the impatien is frequently gnawed on by my cat, River, when I am not looking. That darned cat will try eating anything. I am surprised that he has yet to be sick.
Here is a view of my "indoor garden" this winter.
There are just as many plant that are scattered throughout the house. They keep me busy of course. I am really looking forward to being able to get them back outside and many of them into the ground. They sure do take up a lot of space inside.


I have been tossing around an idea to put an ad in the local paper to advertise my services as a "garden assistant". I wouldn't want to do any kind of designing or supply plants or anything, but rather help people get those flats of flowers planted, spread their mulch, pull some weeds and maybe help divide perennials. What do you think? Do you think people might go for it? I would even offer a discount to senior citizens. Just an idea.

2 comments:

Gotta Garden said...

Aren't those nice! That amaryllis really stands out! Kitties, they do get into stuff! One of mine was just playing with something on the floor (something he probably shouldn't, given the sound), so one of my dogs (the one who tolerates the cats) raced over to inspect...and that's that....hmmm, a canine enforcer!

Anyway, I think that is a terrific idea! I bet there are lots and lots of people who would be thrilled to have gardening help! Especially as people get older (ahem), it would be so nice. If you found one, you'd probably never have to run an ad again...word of mouth would bring you all the work you want (and more)! Good luck with this! Keep us posted on how it goes.

One other suggestion (like you asked...hehe, but anyway) is you might try volunteering in a local public garden...you can do as little or as much as you like...you'd make a lot of contacts there. (If you already do, just disregard my going on...and on!)

Angie said...

Thank you for the encouragement, I really hope it is a good idea and not some crazy thought on my part! Actually, word of mouth hadn't crossed my mind yet, but that would be great!